This position is responsible for providing hands on technical leadership for our client engagements.. You will lead a development team and will work with cutting edge technologies to develop elegant, performant, and maintainable features. You will also develop reusable components and modules, and platform capabilities as required by client needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Define and drive the overall web architecture, including core application features such as registration, content management, social graph integration, personalization, video and community forums
- Translate designs into functioning digital experiences.
- Critically evaluate new web technologies and help us decide which to adopt.
- Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable
- Participate in code reviews and other techniques to improve code quality.
Job Requirements Qualifications
- 5-8+ years of professional web development experience, a proven record of developing public-facing websites, and a general passion for web development.
- Experience developing data driven web applications in Java.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles.
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.).
- Mastery of HTML and CSS, and a great understanding of cross-browser display challenges.
- Understanding of version control techniques (GitHub, Subversion, CVS, etc.).
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest trends in web application development.
- Understanding of the Document Object Model (DOM) and DOM scripting techniques.
- Experience in leading small development teams through the full lifecycle of application development from requirements to design to implementation to operations.
- Ability to drive and facilitate client facing discussions, meetings and presentations.