This position is responsible for leading digital accessibility (ADA) compliance initiatives and engagements to help our clients design and develop web applications that work for users with diverse abilities. We are actively seeking an expert in WCAG 2.0, 508, 1557 and the ADA and how each applies to our clients so that they can improve the digital experiences of people with disabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable of the major tenets of accessible design and practical software development.
- Researches and makes recommendations regarding the inclusion and/or exclusion of new or existing features and enhancements.
- Provides recommendations to client and Thinkware teams that deliver digital accessibility functions in products and services.
- Provides project coordination, analysis and support on the development, tracking, monitoring and reporting of multiple ADA projects,
- Partners with the Legal departments on all ADA compliance matters.
- Reviews, conducts research and provides resolution to ADA related complaints in cooperation with the Thinkware and Client teams.
- Provides client and technical teams with specific requirements needed in order to meet regulatory compliance for all features and enhancements.
- Conducts digital accessibility compliance audits and provides findings and recommendations, as requested by management.
- May attend Federal and Industry events to monitor other sources, as needed, to keep up with the most current Federal legislation or updates regarding providing service to persons with disabilities.
Job Requirements Qualifications
- 2-3 years working with special needs and ADA practices, policies, and digital products and services.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- Extensive experience in digital accessibility, WCAG 2.0 and Section 508
- Experience in user-centered design, and user research for web applications used on mobile, tablet and desktop devices.
- Deep skills in accessible user-centered design solutions, accessibility best practices, and responsive design.
- Conduct in-person and remote user research studies
- Ability to conduct feasibility studies and make recommendations and give presentations.
- Proven track record of implementing recommendations in conjunction with various departments and priorities.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS PowerPoint.
- Project Management experience with large projects.